Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows client not auto login?

Nick July 25, 2017

My Hipchat windows client would not auto login after several reboots, does anyone know why and/or where the client keeps its login credentials?

Thanks...

1 answer

0 votes
Shanye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2017

Hi Nick,

The HipChat for Windows client caches some local data related to automatic logins under %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Atlassian\HipChat\, but there's also authentication and session information stored server-side. There could have been an issue with either side of the connection to interrupt the auto-login.

If you're frequently running into this issue, it might be a good idea to try reinstalling the client in Windows to see if the situation improves.

If not, I would recommend checking with colleagues that are connecting to the same HipChat Group/Server to see if there might be an issue with the server-side; otherwise, I'd look for other potential culprits on your workstation (anti-virus software can sometimes cause odd behavior, for example).

I hope that helps.

Nick July 27, 2017

Hi Shayne, thanks for the reply.

Might HitChat store data somewhere else?

I quit HipChat, went to the directory you mentioned, deleted "cache" and "QtWebEngine" folders, thinking it might be corrupted data, then launch HipChat again...but it logged right in, without asking for my credential...

weird, no?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events