Will Hipchat Server ever support a "traditional" installation?

Brendan Martens February 13, 2015

At present I have a hosted virtual machine with vpsdime.com. The server has a large amount of ram at an affordable price, this allows me to run all of our Atlassian products on this virtual machine... except for Hipchat Server as I cannot run a virtual machine on the vpsdime.com virtual machine.

Are there any plans to allow a more traditional installation method for Hipchat Server? I am thinking how Confluence and JIRA work with their .bin installers, not the war/ear versions.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2015

We only support the deployment of an open virtualization archive (OVA) image or launch an Amazon machine image (AMI) for HipChat Server at the moment. We have similar request here: http://help.hipchat.com/forums/230898-hipchat-server/suggestions/6183545-have-a-standalone-install-package-so-that-i-can-in and we have acknowledged this.

Brendan Martens February 16, 2015

That is helpful, thanks; I somehow didn't manage to find that page when I was looking for already open topics concerning this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events