Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why "When you're offline (logged out) or away (not active in any HipChat app right now), HipChat will let you know what you've missed with an email, SMS, or push notification. "

Mateusz Brzozowski November 28, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Get and set notifications

Why I can't get notification in app about messages, which I get when I was offline?
I don't check my email a lot. I would have option to turn on notification in app that shows messages received when I was offline

5 answers

1 vote
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2016

Unfortunately this rightfully expected feature is still not publicly available as of today, even though it seems implemented as such and visible to some users here and there (A/B testing I presume) - please watch and vote for the following issue to receive updates and guide Atlassian's priority in this regard (of course, given most competitors provide this nowadays core messaging feature, I expect it to be 'highest' already):

You can read more on the history and state of affairs in the most recent Atlassian comment.

Mateusz Brzozowski November 29, 2016

Thank you very much. I will follow this issue

0 votes
Justin Locke March 10, 2017

Totally agree this is a problem.  When logged out,..I don't want email, or SMS, etc.  I want a notification in the app (either mobile or desktop) the next time I use it.  I'm evaluating HipChat for a 50 person company and this is near the point of being a "deal breaker".  As our opinion is that a communications tool should replace email (not require user to go into email to "catchup" before they log back into HipChat.

0 votes

"I can't see" I mean I don't have notice in desktop app that I have new message (I'm using windows)

0 votes

I'm not using mobile app. I use destkop app only. When somebody writes to me when I'm offline and can't see it when I'm online again

0 votes
M.Rey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2016

Hello Mateusz,

To make sure I'm understanding correctly, let me repeat my understanding of your question/request. 

When you're not using the desktop/web app you would like to get push notifications to your mobile device for messages you've received? This would include 1-1 messages, & at-mentions correct? 

If that's true, can you tell me what device you're using? Android/iOS?  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events