Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does hipchat replace 'be' with a forward slash?

Paul Hyde-Clarke September 15, 2016

Every where the word or consecutive letters b and e appear (including in people's name in the left sidebar) is replaced with a slash. If you're trying to type the word being, you get /ing. Why?

4 answers

0 votes
Ryan Keefer October 4, 2016

We have a user with the same thing happening. No plugins installed. Also Mac OS X native app.

0 votes
aborowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2016

I can't reproduce that using most recent OSX native app. If you want, you can provide quick screencast to give us ability to see how exactly it is performed.

In addition, you can disable all installed plugins and enable them one by one while checking if it works. 

0 votes
Paul Hyde-Clarke September 15, 2016

No custom plug ins (as long as I know). I added a To do plug in to one room the other day. But I know colleagues have had this same problem, and they don't have the To do plug in, and the problem happens in all rooms, all chats, and even in the UI.

I am using native HipChat Mac OS X app. I am using the latest version of HipChat and the latest OS.

0 votes
aborowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2016

Do you use web based HipChat or native one? What OS do you have?

Do you have any custom plugin installed?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events