Why does hipchat datacenter setup wizard give me "Invalid NFS path."

I am able to mount the nfs path after logging into the virtual machine and assuming root with `sudo dont-blame-hipchat`.

The mounted nfs allows writing files and removing them.

hipchatservermountcens.png

But the setup wizard won't accept the path `/file_store/shared`.

hipchat_screencens.png

IP addresses have been erased for sake of security.

I retrieved the hipchat data center ova from here:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/hipchat-server-stable/dc/HipChat.ova

I think I found a manual setup for this, I will try that.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/hipchatdc3/configure-hipchat-data-center-nodes-909770912.html

4 answers

0 votes

Hi, Andrew!

Were you able to fix the problem by following the manual deployment guide?

Yes it did get me past the Invalid NFS path issue.

But it didn't help answer why I had the issue.

Arbi Dridi Atlassian Team Nov 20, 2017

Hi Andrew, 

The setup wizard should only complain about the NFS path if it contains other characters than '-', '_' and alpha-numerical characters. 

Do you know if you have a space at the end of your path? 

Were you able to have the config successful using the same NFS path in configuration.json? 

As a note, /file_store/shared is the mount point on Hipchat Data Center. The folder in your NFS share can be named differently. 

Thanks. 

Hey Arbi,

So I'm getting the same issue as Andrew and I have the same question he posed, is there a fix other than manually setting up the deployment?

The path I'm using is:  /hipchat-files

No spaces in the name and exported correctly. 

I can confirm this problem. Path is "/hipchat-files" and its complaining.

When logging in to Hipchat node and manually mounting the NFS share, it works without any problems.

Arbi, your answer "The setup wizard should only complain about the NFS path if it contains other characters than '-', '_' and alpha-numerical characters. " is strange as is does not include "/".

The dialogue doesn't like the "-" character in the path. Create a NFS share without the dash and you are fine.

Tried this today on the latest version of template and I can confirm that it doesn't like underscore '_' either.  Just using /hipchatshare  got it past that sticking point.  

This is crazy :'(

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 14, 2018 in Hipchat Cloud

Hipchat Cloud and Stride End of Life: Just over 90 days away

Earlier this year we made the difficult decision to discontinue our team messaging tools, Stride and Hipchat. The end of life date for Stride and Hipchat Cloud is quickly approaching - February 15, 2...

528 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you