Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does config of hipchat keeps reverting to atlassian.hipchat.com

Norman Hills November 27, 2014

signed up got hipchat, added the plugin, generated the token in hipchat (for our ondemand instance) and entered into /plugins/servlet/ac/jira-hipchat-discussions-connect/configuration

it said it had saved ok.

Went to an issue and didn't have the permission to start a discussion, came back to the config screen and saw that it had reverted to atlassian.hipchat.com. Any suggestions?

All we want to do is, from a JIRA ticket, start a discussion & mention a JIRA id in a hipchat message - I'm sure I was able to do this at a previous company sad

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2014

This seems to be a bug with the add on. As per this page https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/jira-hipchat-discussions-connect > Reviews, some users were having trouble to have it working properly too. The developer mentioned that he'll be looking into it but no ETA yet since it's done during spare time. Fyi, it isn't a supported add on.

Norman Hills November 27, 2014

That's sorta where I'd got to. Jira integration is not really at a useful stage yet, I guess you get what you pay for. Now to uninstall Hipchat, it's not useful for us. We'll look around for other tools.

hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2014

There is another useful JIRA integration with HipChat. This integration - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.labs.hipchat.hipchat-for-jira-plugin allow you to get JIRA notifications directly into HipChat.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events