Why does HipChat keep logging me out?

Josef Karthauser April 18, 2016
Hi there, since the last update it seems, my MacOs version of HipChat keeps logging me out. I'm not sure when it does it, perhaps when I suspend/resume my machine for a while, or perhaps in conjuction with connected to my home network after being at work.
Previously it would leave me logged in all the time; now I have to keep reentering my password.
This isn't very good at all as I don't know that it has logged out, and I am now missing messages that are sent through to HipChat from my management system integration.
Please help me to resolve this!
many thanks,
Joe
p.s. version 4.0.6 (589) MacOs

6 answers

0 votes
Julien Briel February 10, 2018

i reinstalled with the same exe file and that fixed my issue by replacing it with new files

0 votes
Richard Shaw May 10, 2016

This is happening to me too on v4.0.8. It's rather frustrating.

0 votes
Jharrod LaFon May 3, 2016

I'm seeing this behavior as well (v4.0.8). It's very frustrating, so much so that I am ready to advocate to the company that we switch to a competitor. 

David Hollingshead January 8, 2018

Link is 404

0 votes
Josef Karthauser April 25, 2016

Yes, still doing it with 4.0.8.

0 votes
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2016

Hi Josef,

Are you seeing the same issue with HipChat Mac client v4.0.8 (HipChat Client Release Notes)? If so, please reach out and file a support ticket at support.atlassian.com with your OS X version number and HipChat client logs (Sending Mac Client Logs to Support). Thanks!

Cheers,
-David
HipChat Server Support Engineer | Atlassian

Warren Phillips April 27, 2016

This frustrating issue still persists in version 4.0.8 although it is far from the worst bug since the last major update. Can you guys please make HipChat great again?

Paul Fischer May 3, 2016

ditto for me having to keep re login is pretty frustrating.  

David Hollingshead January 8, 2018

I'm having this issue on Windows 10 Pro when the HipChat desktop app loses connection with WiFi, or Windows sleeps, hibernates, or reboots.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events