Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I get bounced to the "Download" page when I choose "Launch the web app"?

Chris Dyer June 5, 2017

Morning - so I was trying to use HipChat on my Lumia 640XL via the browser (a Win phone, so no canon app). The phone is updated to latest release.

I log into the homepage without problem, I see the big friendly letters "Use HipChat in your browser" - I choose launch the web app - I get deposited onto the "downland an app page", in a new tab, NOT redirected to the chat page.

If I repeat the exercise on my Surface, works fine: I land on the chat page (also works fine on Win7, and Chrome).

Any ideas? Could there be a security/privacy setting on the phone and/or browser that's sending it sideways?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2017

Unfortunately, the web-based client isn't designed for mobile viewing, which it why it detects mobile requests and redirects to the download page. If your mobile browser has an option to request the "desktop" version of the site, that will probably allow you to bypass the redirection behavior.

Chris Dyer June 6, 2017

Thanks, that makes sense, I'll have a play and see if I can force it to use desktop.

So about that Windows phone app ... 🙊😀

Chris Dyer June 8, 2017

So I tried you suggestion, it works - I found that if I set the browser to desktop mode, rather than mobile, and I also set cookie handling to "do not block", I was able to log-on and chat. A little bit inconvenient, with lack of notification, but it can be made to work. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events