Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I paste in HipChat?

DanK November 23, 2016

Using a Mac. The Command+V paste shortcut does not work in HipChat and I can not find a way to enable it. This is very frustrating as I frequently have to copy messages to my coworkers. Is there any way to fix this?

1 answer

0 votes
M.Rey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2016

Daniel, can you tell me what you're trying to paste from? I want to try and reproduce this here locally and I'm able to copy & paste into my HipChat App. 

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2016

Agreed it works fine for me too.

DanK November 23, 2016

I have been attempting to copy and paste text from Chrome, Text Edit, Excel, and numerous other sources. I can not paste any text into the HipChat app without right clicking and using the drop down menu, the keyboard shortcut will not work. I don't have this issue with any other programs.

I apologize for not clarifying this earlier, but I am using the downloaded app and not the in-browser app.

M.Rey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2016

Daniel, can we get you to open a support ticket and include the logs from the app in your ticket submission. We believe that we'll see the error you're running into captured in the logs. 

HipChat Support Portal - https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/32

How to capture logs - https://confluence.atlassian.com/hipchatkb/sending-mac-client-logs-to-support-757467000.html

Eduardo in Norway May 10, 2017

Copy paste is still an issue and shoult not be closed, as it has been.

You can do this  workaround:

- With mouse mark the text you want to copy and drag it to the chat textfield, then copy and you can paste.

This should be high prioritiy and not low. HipChat is used mainly by dev people and share code is what we do, so copy paste in this case is important feature. 

Josh Atwood November 1, 2017

Having this trouble for the last week.  I cannot find a solution or additional follow-up.  Has this been resolved, and if so, could someone please point me in the right direction?  As was stated before.  Copying lines of code and complex text is essential to my job function.

LouMiller August 8, 2018

I am having this problem its ok then all of a sudden it won't work? Any pointers?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events