Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my notifications making sounds even though I turned it off?

Outer Limits February 10, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Get and set notifications

I am using a Mac - in both my web-browser chat, and my standalone chat, I am getting a beep for every notification.  I went to the default notifications settings and unchecked the "Playing a sound" box, but I am still getting a beep for EVERY message.  I also set default Notifications to Quiet - but I get a beep for every message.  Is this a bug?  Am I doing something wrong?  Can this be fixed?

Thx.

2 answers

0 votes
David Rogers March 30, 2018

Yeah, you have to turn off sounds entirely in your profile settings menu because Hipchat isn't all that customizable (can't set that for Normal/Loud/Quiet settings, or a room specifically)

0 votes
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2016

We haven't heard reports of this before. Do you only have one account connected? Sometimes we've found people have a second account connected which is the one actually triggering the notifications (and may have the sound preference enabled).

One other thing to check is to make sure you have the latest version of the app, which can be downloaded from hipchat.com/downloads

If you continue to have issues, it might help to contact us directly at support@hipchat.com. A video of the problem you're experiencing could also help in that case.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events