Why am I suddenly getting a badge count increase for things I don't get notifications for?

Michael Eisel August 1, 2017

Hi,

My default setting for public rooms is "Quiet", so I only get notifications for mentions of my name. However, recently, the badge count (the number in the red circle on the app icon) has been increasing when someone does an @ here or @ all for that room. How can I fix this issue?

Thanks,

Michael

1 answer

0 votes
eho
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2017

Hi Michael.

Based on your description, the badge count on the HipChat icon, in your dock/taskbar increases when someone @mention your name only.

If you do have some rooms with its own custom notifications set to "Normal" or "Loud", they will be taken into account the number of notifications received too.

If that's not the case, do reach out to support and we may be able to locate if you have any custom room notifications on your account.

Thanks.
Edwin

Michael Eisel August 9, 2017

I don't have any custom notifications set up.

Michael Eisel August 9, 2017

It also occurs across many rooms, at least the 10 that I've seen it for.

Richard Lawson July 3, 2018

I am having this issue as well.  I get badge increases for @here messages when when I have the room set for @myname messages only.  This happens in multiple rooms.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events