Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I am unable to join any hip chatrooms?

Deepty Arya December 18, 2016

3 answers

0 votes
Shanye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2016

Hi Deepty,

From the screenshot you provided, you seem to be encountering a known issue with HipChat Server that can be caused by a few different things. We have the following knowledge base article to help identify and resolve the problem:

'Something's gone terribly wrong. We've informed headquarters' when launching the Web Client

Can you try working through the causes/resolutions in that article to resolve the problem?

If not, please respond here and we'll open a support ticket for you to look for other causes. We'll need administrative access to the HipChat Server in order to do so.

Thanks!

Shayne Covey | Atlassian Support

0 votes
Deepty Arya December 19, 2016

Hipchat_issue.png

I am able to login into HipChat via WebApp. I am seeing above screen whenever tried to join any room. 

M.Rey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2016

Hey Deepty, thanks for sharing that screen shot. 

My take-a-ways from that are that you're currently attempting to connect to a HipChat Server instance hosted by your company? If that's the case, this makes things a bit more complex and the best next step may be to open a support ticket. 

Additionally I can see that there's an error with the SSL certificate. 

I've looped in a colleague of mine on this question and he'll be responding shortly. Thanks again for the screen shot!

0 votes
M.Rey
Atlassian Team
December 19, 2016

Hello Deepty,

Can you provide a bit more detail on your issue? Are you able to log in to HipChat? Are you using the WebApp or a HipChat Client? What do you see when you're trying to join a room, can you provide a screenshot?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events