Why I am unable to join any hip chatrooms?

3 answers

0 vote
Michael Rey Atlassian Team Dec 19, 2016

Hello Deepty,

Can you provide a bit more detail on your issue? Are you able to log in to HipChat? Are you using the WebApp or a HipChat Client? What do you see when you're trying to join a room, can you provide a screenshot?

I am able to login into HipChat via WebApp. I am seeing above screen whenever tried to join any room. 

Michael Rey Atlassian Team Dec 20, 2016

Hey Deepty, thanks for sharing that screen shot. 

My take-a-ways from that are that you're currently attempting to connect to a HipChat Server instance hosted by your company? If that's the case, this makes things a bit more complex and the best next step may be to open a support ticket. 

Additionally I can see that there's an error with the SSL certificate. 

I've looped in a colleague of mine on this question and he'll be responding shortly. Thanks again for the screen shot!

0 vote
Shayne Covey Atlassian Team Dec 20, 2016

Hi Deepty,

From the screenshot you provided, you seem to be encountering a known issue with HipChat Server that can be caused by a few different things. We have the following knowledge base article to help identify and resolve the problem:

'Something's gone terribly wrong. We've informed headquarters' when launching the Web Client

Can you try working through the causes/resolutions in that article to resolve the problem?

If not, please respond here and we'll open a support ticket for you to look for other causes. We'll need administrative access to the HipChat Server in order to do so.

Shayne Covey | Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Published Oct 07, 2017 in Hipchat

Bringing Structure to your HipChat Instance

...have mention name FirstnameLastname. Fe.: @MaartenCautreels This certainly helps to know who is being mentioned in a conversation. Imagine your colleague sends the following message...

470 views 1 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot