White Screen with HipChat update

318admin December 12, 2016

After updating hipchat, I'm getting a white screen on the client computer. When I click the top of the window it says.. This file is invalid for use as the following: Security Certificate. Invalid public key security object file. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this?

Image 4.png

1 answer

0 votes
Ricardo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2016

Hello!

Thanks for your question. There could be a couple of items that can cause this issue.

1 - We're currently investigating an issue related to a new OpenSSL update that is incompatible with the current QT framework running the HipChat app here: HCPUB-2224

I would encourage you to visit the bug page linked above and click the *Vote* and *Watch* links near the top right to be kept informed of progress on the bug going forward. By doing this, it will ensure you're proactively informed of progress and updates going forward: https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/atlassian-bug-fixing-policy-201294573.html.

2 - A proxy misconfiguration or a network content filter could be blocking HipChat from trying to access the web.

3 - You can also try running HipChat with switch --disable-gpu, this may fix it if the issue is graphic related.

$ hipchat4 --disable-gpu

If none of the above helps, I'd recommend you creating a support ticket and include the HipChat app logs following the steps in the article below:

You can create a support ticket on the through the link below:

Kind regards,
Ricardo
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events