Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which URL/IPs Hipchat Client try to connect on Port 10000

Hi community,

since January 2017 Hipchat had its new Video Engine. Thats work on Port 10000. We need to limit these port on our Firewall for the related IPs or URLs.

On the Hipcht Server we don't found any information about it.

Maybe someone has an solution here :)?

Best regards

1 answer

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2017

Hi there. As mentioned in the Video Network Requirements, the following requirements apply to HipChat Video:

• TCP port 443 open for connections from HipChat clients and HipChat Server.
  • UDP port 10000 open for HipChat clients.
  • All video chat is routed through hipchat.me, our Cloud video solution

In this case, can I check if you are able to use the URL to apply as a a firewall rule on your network? Thanks.

Gary Bucher July 20, 2018

For UDP...  Does this mean we only need to open the firewall for UDP port 10000 outbound from the clients to hipchat.me only?

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2018

Hi again, Gary.

According to the Client requirements, it is mentioned that:

The clients must have ports UDP 10000 and TCP 443 open. Additionally, the clients must be able to access to hipchat.me and cdn.jitsi.net in order to function correctly. Because the streaming service uses dynamically allocated IPs, we cannot provide a full list of video chat endpoints

In this case, I would say that it is not specific to hipchat.me only since the IPs changes constantly. So, it will be best to have the ports open in general.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events