Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can i find my hipchat license?

Irving Rodriguez September 21, 2016

Hello, 

Can someone help me out, i cant seem to find the path to my HipChat license. I was told to update the license and i have admin access to the server, but i dont have admin access on the actual HipChat web interface. So im wondering if i can just add the license through the server. When i run the command 

$ hipchat license -w

i actually get back information so i think its set up correctly but i need to update it. Is there a way i can find out where the license is located and update it with the new license?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
wdehaan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2016

Hi Irving,

Save your new license to a file, /tmp/license.txt 

Then install it at the CLI: hipchat license -i /tmp/license.txt

This worked thank you so much!

1 vote
noamdah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2016

Go to myAtlassian site and login with the Atlassian account that the license was purchased with.

For licensing issues here is the Atlassian purchasing and licensing support portal.

Check out this link for updating a HipChat license from the command line.

So there is no way to do this through the server? I have the new license which i was given, and i was also give access to the HipChat server so i am currently there. On the instructions it simply says 

/path/to/license/HCS-evaluation.license

but i dont know what the actual path is. ive checked /home/ but i dont see it there, where should i be looking for it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events