Where can I pull the local cache files for 1-1 messages in hipchat?

I have a need to pull all local 1-1 message caches. Can you please tell me where to find them? 

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
David Maye Atlassian Team Dec 08, 2014

Hi Micah,

May I ask why you are trying to access the caches of the app instead of requesting the 1-1 chats from us? Local caches aren't meant to be message storage locations since they are wiped quite often by the app and only contain a very small amount of actual message data.

Cheers,
-David 

I was unaware that we could get them from you as the hipchat export does not have them in it. I will send something into support. Thanks.

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Micah, are you hosting your own HipChat Server or have your HipChat hosted with us at hipchat.com ?

We are hosted by you.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

240 views 1 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you