• Community
  • Products
  • Hipchat
  • Questions
  • When I open HipChat, how do you see the latest comment updates out of all the rooms I have without going into each and every room?

When I open HipChat, how do you see the latest comment updates out of all the rooms I have without going into each and every room?

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Rey Atlassian Team Dec 13, 2016

Hello Jimmy,

If I'm understanding correctly, you're basically looking for a summary of what you've missed since you last opened HipChat? If that is true we currently don't have that feature in HipChat, however if you were sent a private message/1-1 chat, at-mentioned directly in a room, or part of an at-all/at-here you should get an email notification letting you know that you missed a message from someone/mentioned in a room. 

I hope this is close to what you're asking, if not please let me know so I can better answer your question. 

Regards, 
M.Rey 

Thank you. That's informative and explains why I couldn't find much about that feature. I'll give your suggestions a try.

Jimmy

Michael Rey Atlassian Team Dec 13, 2016

No problem, happy to help. Additionally if you can shoot me an email over to mrey@atlassian.com there may be something else we can do to create a better experience for you and your team. 

Regards,

M.Rey

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

481 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you