When I click on a file on the right of the screen, it doesn't download the file. It sends weird HTML text instead....

Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 9.47.45 AM.png

1 answer

0 vote

Hello Elly,

My name is Parker, and I'm on the Support team here for HipChat. Would you be willing to open a support ticket with us here so we can take a closer look? It can also help us get a better handle on whether we are seeing multiple reports of this behavior. https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/32/create/254. Please feel free to reference my name in the subject so I can pull it from the queue.

This is the first report of this behavior that we've seen, and we'd like to get a little more information. In particular, what specific Client you are using (looks like you are on a Mac - is this using just the Web client, or a specific version of the Mac Client?), what specific steps you are taking to get to this state, and if this is happening for all files or just one in particular. 

Kind regards,
Parker
HipChat Support Engineer | Atlassian

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Mar 26, 2018 in Hipchat Data Center

Migration of Hipchat server to Data Center - a retrospective

...able to use the clients After a bunch of testing (rooms, memberships, check for private message history, and most importantly - the custom emoticons!) nearly everything was looking as we needed, however...

455 views 2 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you