What versionof HipChat am I running?

I have two Win10 computers side-by-side, both running HipChat, but they look different.  How can I tell what version I'm running on each machine?  I've looked through the various screens, checked my Program Files (x86) folder, even checked under Control Panel/Remove Programs.  All entries are identical.  The two message panes are similar, but one has a skinny message entry area at the bottom, and the other is huge.  How do I make them the same?

2 answers

Hi Jim,

You can retrieve the log-file on Mac OS X under the "Help" menu. I don't have access to Windows to check.

"2017-03-17 09:47:32:397+0100  HipChat/4.29.0.732 (OS X Version 10.12.3 (Build 16D32)"

I don't fully understand your issue is it the input text pane that differs?

Br, Niclas

You should be able to find the log-files.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/hipchatkb/sending-windows-client-logs-to-support-for-versions-4-0+-788042243.html

That really looks wierd try to re-install the client or update if available.

I'm able to reproduce a bit when drawing that top edge corner upwards but it will redraw for me when emptying (backspace) the text-area. :o

Hey, Niclas,

Thanks for the speedy response.  The only Help function in my version is under the ? at the top, and clicking there only takes me to the HipChat Website.  There seems to be no local Help file on my computer.

Snap1.jpg

As for the two windows, here's a shot of both of them.  First on this computer, with the smaller (normal?) message-entry pane:

Snap2.jpg

And then the other machine with the pane that takes up half the HipChat screen:

Snap3.jpg

I'd sure like to drop the size of the one to what the other is.  Not sure what's going on there.  If I click on my picture at the top of the screen and open Settings, both computers are set the same.

Thanks for your interest.

If you send a message, the size of the message pane should reset. If that doesn't happen, you should be able to restart the client in order to reset the size of the message pane (right click on the HipChat icon in your system tray and choose "Exit HipChat", then relaunch it from the start menu). It looks like your message area somehow got stuck in the expanded state. That is not normal - the app should default to the "skinny" view.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

508 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you