Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a proper way to let people outside of my hipchat group join HipChat rooms?

Ryszard Łach March 13, 2017

Hi.

I'd like to invite some people outside of my organisation (let's call them 'external consultants') to one private room. I don't want to add them to my HipChat Group (because of public rooms, which should not be visible for these guys). I'm also not sure, if guest access is appropriate for this - I'd like to cooperate with them for longer time. The consultants should be able to see all of the chat history in that room. Ideally they should not have to register every day again (as guest).

Can someone suggest what of the above is (or is not) possible with HipChat ?

TIA

R.

1 answer

0 votes
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2017

Unfortunately, the level of access you're looking for isn't yet available in HipChat, but it's definitely a good idea and something we'd like to eventually add! There have been a few other suggestions for something similar, however. You can go to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/HCPUB-1425 and comment/vote/watch the issue in order to get updates.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events