What is a proper way to let people outside of my hipchat group join HipChat rooms?

Hi.

I'd like to invite some people outside of my organisation (let's call them 'external consultants') to one private room. I don't want to add them to my HipChat Group (because of public rooms, which should not be visible for these guys). I'm also not sure, if guest access is appropriate for this - I'd like to cooperate with them for longer time. The consultants should be able to see all of the chat history in that room. Ideally they should not have to register every day again (as guest).

Can someone suggest what of the above is (or is not) possible with HipChat ?

TIA

R.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Unfortunately, the level of access you're looking for isn't yet available in HipChat, but it's definitely a good idea and something we'd like to eventually add! There have been a few other suggestions for something similar, however. You can go to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/HCPUB-1425 and comment/vote/watch the issue in order to get updates.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Friday in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

199 views 1 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you