Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to conversations when i de-activate users in hip chat?

John Avellar April 4, 2016

Hey all,

My Convo history config is set NOT to delete anything but I'm wondering what happens when I deactivate users.  Where do these old chats go?  If they are deleted, Can I archive them before hand and provide access to other users?  

Thanks,

John

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2016

Hey John!

If you deactivate a user, their history should be retained indefinitely, (if your configuration is set to never delete, as yours is).

You can test this by going to your HipChat site and searching the history of a known deactivated user.  For example:

Point your browser to https://yourhipchaturl/search.  When you click the All Rooms and People dropdown, you'll be able to enter a search query.  If you search for a deactivated user, they should be returned under People, and you'll be able to search through their history.

I just tested it on my own instance, and I was able to view the history of users that were deactivated a long time ago.

Good luck!

John Avellar April 4, 2016

Cool - That's perfect! 

thanks. 

John

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events