Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update glance - Expired JWT python

Tannu Bansal May 22, 2016

We have integrated hipchat with our application. For update glance call we are getting expired JWT from HipChat which is very strange. Can anyone help why we are getting this issue?

2 answers

0 votes
Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2016

Hi Tannu,

It is strange, we never heard people mentioning (or experienced ourselves) the problem you describe.

I assume you are talking about the initial retrieval of glance data and the request that HC issues has expired JWT token. What framework are you using to process the token (in case it is a problem with the framework)? What is your add-on, is it public?

Tannu Bansal June 13, 2016

Hi Anatoli,

We are using python and django framework. We are using jwt library and it seems to have pretty much standard implementation for any JWT. So it is very surprising that we are getting this error.

Thanks,

Tannu 

0 votes
Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2016

Hi Tannu,

Look at this page, it'll explain you what is a JWT Token smile

https://developer.atlassian.com/hipchat/guide/jwt-token

Tannu Bansal May 23, 2016

Thanks Damien

I already check the above link and already followed the example mentioned in the link. Integration with HipChat works fine but sometimes it is throwing expired JWT error which is strange. We are not sure in which timezone HipChat sent the expiration time. I am assuming it is in UTC which is standard and we are using UTC time to check expiration at our end.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events