Under "People" in left hand pane, can you create "groups" to sort teams and departments?

Jason Perry January 19, 2017

In AIM and Trillian, you can create "groups" where you can sort your contact list into "friends", "co-workers", etc.  Does HipChat have that capability and if so, how do you do it?  If not, can this be taken into consideration for a future release?  We are using HipChat cloud with the Window client ver 4.29.1662.

Jason

2 answers

0 votes
Laura Blom February 23, 2018

I would like to make teams/groups in my People list too. Example: "Design", "Support", etc. These teams would only be for my eyes. I work with a lot of people in different teams and this would certainly help keep my People list from getting too long. Teams should function like people, where you can drag them to reorder. 

0 votes
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2017

We don't currently have any plans to allow separation of users into user-customized groups or sections, but it's certainly something we'd consider if there were enough people looking for such an option. We do hope to allow remotely-defined groups/aliases in the future (akin to LDAP groups) but they probably wouldn't be surfaced in the same way that you see in programs like AIM or Trillian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events