Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to preview diff file type attachments in HIPCHAT.Please advise

rahul chandra April 20, 2018

I see below error message when attempting the same.

Ouch! We can't preview this file type.
Try downloading the file to view it.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2018

Hi Rahul,

This question is currently in the Confluence collection, but I see you are asking about Hipchat. Can you please confirm if it's related to Confluence in any way or if you only encounter the issue in Hipchat?

Can you let us know what version of Hipchat you're using? 

Regards,

Shannon

rahul chandra April 25, 2018

Hi Shannon.My team is experiencing this issue in Hipchat while trying to open .diff files that we generated from GIT bash for code review purpose. I'm not sure about my hipchat version.Server- not sure my client is 4.30.3.1665   .

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2018

Thank you for confirming, I'll bring this issue into the Hipchat collection now and get the attention of one of our Hipchat engineers.

Kind regards,

Shannon

rahul chandra April 27, 2018

Hey Shannon.Any updates ? Appreciate your help.

Nágila Marques
Atlassian Team
April 30, 2018

Hi Rahul, 

At this moment, it isn't possible to preview files that contain .diff extension. It is necessary to download it directly. I went ahead and raised a feature request on our portal for it:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/HCPUB-11302

Feel free to vote and comment to show your support! 

Thank you for the feedback!

rahul chandra April 30, 2018

Thanks Nagila.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events