Unable to log into hipchat

Monetry Darapheth July 11, 2016

I can't log into HipChat web client or the app.  It seems that HipChat does not recognize my email address.  The email address is what i use to log into Atlassian JIRA.

1 answer

0 votes
eho
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2016

Hi there. Creating your Atlassian account does not create your HipChat account automatically. Have your HipChat admin to invite you to your existing HipChat group. If there isn't any, create your first HipChat group now at the link below:

• https://www.hipchat.com/sign_up

nguyen khac tu March 20, 2017

this is my case , please get work around it sad Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 6.07.33 PM.png

nguyen khac tu March 20, 2017

HipChat inform me "you have an account" with this email , but when i typed this email in turn it notify me : We don't recognize this email 

Veronica Penn Beattie April 5, 2017

we are having that happen on our team too!Screen Capture.JPG

M.Rey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2017

This is a rather interesting issue. 

If you have an Atlassian Account it is possible that your account is linked to a HipChat account which would be the same email and password. 

However to investigate this further we would need a bit more info and I'm sure you don't want to put your email address out in the public, so what I would ask is that you create a support ticket so we can get some more of information and help you get through this. 

Cheers,
M.Rey

Veronica Penn Beattie April 5, 2017

Thanks Michael, 

We actually worked it out. The account had not been verified. User had to access through email invite. 

It did appear that they had previously logged in on the admin screen, but maybe not. 

Recommend any one else having this issue ensures user logged in through email invite. (Always check those spam folders.)

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events