Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access HipChat web UI after installation

Aaron Howell March 14, 2018

I've installed HipChat on a Debian Jessie VM (hosted by XenServer) per the Linux instructions found at (https://www.hipchat.com/downloads).

The installation has completed without error, however when I attempt to log into the web UI to complete the configuration process (via 'https://vm_name.local.lan', or even the VM IP address) I am unable to do so.

What am I missing? Why can't I log into the web UI to finish the config?

1 answer

0 votes
Bruno Raymundo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2018

Hi, Aaron!

Please notice that the files downloaded on the hipchat.com/downloads page are the Hipchat clients; the main Hipchat Server / Data Center application can be downloaded in one of the sites below:

Hipchat Data Center

Hipchat Server Release Notes

Let us know in case of any obstacles!

Aaron Howell March 15, 2018

We're using XenServer to manage/host our VMs.

I only see OVA/AMI installation instructions in the Installation Guide...where would I find instructions to install HipChat on a non-VMware/VirtualBox VM?

Bruno Raymundo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2018

Hi, Aaron!

Only VMWare, VirtualBox and AWS are supported. Please check the system requirements for details:

System Requirements for Hipchat Server

Using unsupported virtualization platforms may cause issues when installing, running, or upgrading Hipchat Server.

Let us know in case of any additional questions!

Aaron Howell March 15, 2018

Thank you for the quick reply!!

I saw that XenServer wasn't on the 'supported' list, but had to ask as we were hoping to use our existing systems for HipChat.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events