Unable to Add User to Jira or Hipchat

smashew March 28, 2018

I am unable to add a user to Jira or Hipchat. Every time I add them it sends them a verification email, which never gets to them. I don't know if Atlassian is having an issue with emails. I've attempted to reach out to Jira & Hipchat's support but have not gotten a reply.

Does anyone know what would cause this or how to fix it?

Steps already taken:
* Deleted the accounts and started over... didn't work.
* Had them sign up through HipChat's team link... didn't work.
* Created the accounts manually... didn't work.
* Talked to O365 admin to trace messages to see if they were being blocked... they weren't. 
* Attempted to reach out to support.... didn't work.

3 answers

1 vote
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2018

Hi, Matthew.

I noticed that Zach from the support team has assisted you with this case. The cause to the problem relates back to the Recipient address rejected: Access denied error which is caused whenever the email address is newly created and hasn't had time to be established, or did not exist at the time of the accounts creation. (For other users who might bump into the same problem). 

Is everything working well for you so far?

0 votes
Vyacheslav Ryzhov April 3, 2018

Hi @smashew 

Did you try to use different mail settings in Jira for outgoing mail?

0 votes
smashew March 28, 2018

Seriously... I've opened tickets... done everything I can to try to resolve this issue. I've spent 2 days debugging this issue and really need some support. What do I need to do to resolve this issue?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events