Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try Atlassian Cloud with existing HipChat Account

Tim Buntel January 13, 2015

Hi,

My team already has a HipChat account and would now like to add Atlassian Cloud. When I complete the form for the Atlassian Cloud 7-day trial, it throws an error saying "This HipChat domain is not available." Is there a way to sign up for Atlassian Cloud and then connect it to the existing HipChat account?  

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2015

Hi Tim,

In HipChat cloud, HipChat accounts are always tied to a HipChat group and currently you cannot change the account to operate under a different group (or with multiple groups). You can change your email address to another address (such as a secondary email address) and free the primary one for use in another group as a workaround. 

If you are getting a "This HipChat domain is not available" error message, it means that the subdomain is taken by another group and you will have choose another subdomain to use. The subdomain operates as a group identifier mostly and doesn't affect any usability of HipChat. It's mainly a difference of mycompany.hipchat.com vs mycompany1.hipchat.com.

If you sign up at hipchat.com, I believe you get a 30-day trial (instead of a 7-day trial).

Hope this helps!

Cheers
-David
Atlassian HipChat Support

Tim Buntel January 13, 2015

Hi David, Thanks. In this case, I *am* the other group :) I have the mycompany.hipchat.com subdomain already. I just want to use it with my Atlassian Cloud account. What I think I'll do is just sign up for the Atlassian Cloud trial without HipChat and then I can upgrade to HipChat Plus separately. Will that work? Tim

David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2015

Ah, yes, that will work, but please be aware that you will have to go to HipChat.com to manage the admin functions of the group (not at my.atlassian.com). If you have any issues with HipChat, you can email us at support@hipchat.com and we can help =)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events