Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TopDox + HipChat + Egnyte

Tom June 22, 2016

Interested in integrating Egnyte into HipChat, and promoting HipChat through our App Store. Also interested in exploring Confluence, Jira, and Bitbucket.

Thank you,

Tom Bingham
tbingham@egnyte.com
(408) 504 - 5706 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2016

Ok, could you explain what you want from "integratiing" and what you'd be exploring the Atlassian stack for? 

There's loads of intros and demos on Atlassian's sites worth a look, so I'd have a skim through those and form questions for us - we can't really give you a full essay on "exploring" here, we'd run out of space and time well before we'd even scratch the surface!  (we're end users, with a wide range of experience - I've been here years and still regularly say "I've not seen that done before" to people here as they do clever things)

0 votes
Tom June 23, 2016
Hi Nic,
Thanks for the quick reply. Egnyte is a file sharing solution like Box and DropBox, and as a Jira and HipChat customer, we are interested in being able to share links of files that live in Egnyte into HipChat IMs and Jira Tickets to make sure we have the most up to date file.
I am not very familiar with the Atlassian stack outside of the broad description of the solutions, but does the use case I described make sense?
If we can build a connector for Egnyte to use internally, I think it would also make sense to offer that to other joint customers, as well as promote through our App Store.
Does that help? 
Tom
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2016

HipChat and JIRA both support urls that point to files, so I'm not too sure what you want to layer on top of that?

Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2016

Tom, if you are planning on developing integration between HipChat and Egnyte you should probably start here: https://developer.atlassian.com/hipchat/

In general https://developer.atlassian.com/ has the developer docs for all the Atlassian products.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events