Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tagging JIRA Issues in HipChat

Rachel Grimmelmann June 18, 2015

JIRA Screenshot.png

So, I got this notification and realized that issues can be tagged. But, it doesn't work.  

We do have the latest version (HipChat 3.3.1) and I know that JIRA and HipChat are integrated at least one direction (JIRA --> HipChat) because I've set up notifications to display in HipChat Rooms as an issue moves through a workflow.  But the integration does not seem to be set up in the other direction (HipChat --> JIRA).

Do you need to type something before the issuekey for HipChat to recognize it as an issue similar to how you have to use the "@" symbol before writing someone's name to tag them?

What step am I missing?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2015

Hi Rachel,

This page should explain how to configure the integration (and what requirements are) for the issue previews.

I understand you saw this message before you configured the integration between JIRA and HipChat (because we only show it if you don't have it configured). Once you have it configured any link to an issue will trigger an issue preview and will also record the fact that the issue was mentioned in the room.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events