Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific Questions Regarding HipChat

Joon Lyeo April 4, 2017

Hello, my name Joon Lyeo and I am currently a sophomore at the Goizueta Business School of Emory University. For a group project, my group and I are presenting to recommend HipChat as the ideal social media to use to improve communication within the Global Procurement Team of the Coca-Cola company. While making making our presentation, we came across two questions:

1. Is HipChat accessible all around the world? Specifically, does it work in Shanghai, China?

2. Is there a training program available for HipChat that employees of the Global Procurement Team could learn from? If so, how long is the program and how much does it cost?

We will be presenting to the Global Procurement Team of the Coca-Cola Company mid-April. Thank you so much for your time.

Sincerely,

Joon

1 answer

2 votes
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2017

Hi Joon - thanks for looking into HipChat - it sounds like we could definitely help out communication for y'all.

1. HipChat is hosted on AWS in the US. This should generally allow access from China, assuming no local firewall restrictions are in place causing it to be blocked (e.g. some IT departments need to "whitelist" various internet sites). The product itself isn't localized into Chinese, but as most of the content in the application is user-generated, we've had many non-English team successfully use it in the past.

2. We don't offer training programs, but it's possible that there is an Atlassian User Group that might be able to help you learn from their own experiences with the product. We also provide a whole bunch of documentation to help get new teams setup with the service.

Joon Lyeo April 9, 2017

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your reply. I have another quick question:

What does it mean for HipChat to be U.S. – EU and U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor certified? I'm not entirely sure what it means by EU HipChat users can use HipChat knowing that their data are protected under EU standards. Could you possibly elaborate that description? Thank you!

Best regards,

Joon

crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2017

You can see the blog post about it at https://blog.hipchat.com/2015/08/10/hipchat-is-eu-and-us-swiss-safe-harbor-certified-by-truste/ - there's a brief explanation in the post and a much more detailed description in the associated link to the Safe Harbor site. I'm not super familiar with the certification myself, but I believe it mainly helps reconcile EU privacy laws with services running in the US.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events