Search in hipchat chat history

I update HipChat server to 2.1.3  and HipChat client. And i have some problem with searching in history. When i try find something in HipChat client i have redirection on web version. It's bug ? Or i doing something wrong ?

1 answer

0 vote

The search feature should show within the app on Mac and redirect to a browser on the Windows/Linux client (due to security concerns within the framework we use to host the app on Windows/Linux). It sounds like the issue you're describing might be expected behavior.

If you think there may still be an issue, you may want to contact our support team at support@hipchat.com and provide some details (screenshots/screencasts are super helpful) about what is going wrong. They should be able to help diagnose any issues and get you into a working state.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Mar 26, 2018 in Hipchat Data Center

Migration of Hipchat server to Data Center - a retrospective

...able to use the clients After a bunch of testing (rooms, memberships, check for private message history, and most importantly - the custom emoticons!) nearly everything was looking as we needed, however...

453 views 2 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you