It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Screen Sharing Only Shows Black Screen in HipChat

When attempting to do a screen share, most of the time the screen share only shows a black screen to the user if the send selects a single window.  If the user shares the entire screen, the other end can see it.

Server version: Atlassian HipChat 2.2.4 (2017.04.24.053859)

Client version: 4.29.4.1662

3 answers

I have the same problem or a variation of it. I have a triple monitor setup and apps that are not on the primary screen show as black. e.g. I have a browser window on my secondary monitor that shows black. If I move it to the primary monitor it seems to work.

I also have this problem using two monitors on my linux machine.  If I disable one of the two monitors this seems to resolve the issue.

I too have this issue using two or more screens on a Linux Mint 19.1 box, HipChat4 version HipChat4-4.30.5.1682

If I disable all but one screen, the screen sharing works perfectly. 

Collin Peters situation is different here:

- If I try to share Gnome System monitor, it always works regardless of the screen location

- If I try to share Firefox, it will only work on the 3rd screen (!), not on the primary nor the secondary.

If you need more testing, please advise. Many thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Hipchat

Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

35,508 views 9 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you