Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room Add-on or Global Add-on

Aiyappa Ganesh July 5, 2017

I am trying to create a HipChat add-on which listens to messages from users and forwards them to our admin team. Our admin team will get back to them with responses. My question is if the Add-on should be Room only or global?

Both room only and global installations will let me listen to all messages on the room / all the rooms(in case of global). How do I filter out messages on the room that are not meant for my add-on. I don't want to force users to learn slash commands.

An alternative is to create a room as soon as the add-on is installed and then listen only to that communication which happens in this new room that we created. However I am having issues creating the room saying "Must be a valid room owner" where as I am already an admin on all the rooms.

1 answer

0 votes
Señor Moreira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2017

Hi there,

If you'd like to filter a particular subset of rooms, I believe it would be the best alternative to use the room only option to install your addon, instead of global. 

Now, I should mention we have a separate service desk channel primarily focused on attending development inquiries. Since you are developing an add-on, I'd suggest you visit the page below and file a request with the integration devs team, as they will be able to assist you with any related concerns: 

http://go.atlassian.com/ecosystem-developer-support

I hope this helps! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events