Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename HipChat notification integration

Christophe Promé September 1, 2015

Hello,

I've created a HipChat notification integration, I send notification with the API as explained here.

Because the integration name is too long, it doesn't fit in the HipChat room dialog.

Is it possible to rename it  ? How ?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Conor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2015

Christophe,

Thanks for that context, it makes the problem clearer.

We are about to roll out some changes in this area, which would make it straight forward to edit the BYO integration details, including its name. Today, however, there is no direct link back to the BYO integration details page. The workaround for now is to recreate the BYO integration, which is a little cumbersome, as you noted.

1 vote
Conor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2015

Christophe,

The name shown in the notification comes from the name field in integration's capability descriptor. You can change this value, then remove & re-add your integration to HipChat whereupon the new name will be used.

Christophe Promé September 1, 2015

Thanks Conor, But I don't have a capability descriptor file. I've created the integration from my room settings page in mycompany.hipchat.com, I used the "Build your own!" widget The integration is listed in the "Manage" tab of my room's integrations, I can display its details in a dialog, but they are read only. The only way I see is to create a new integration and delete the old one but I find it cumbersome.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events