Rename HipChat notification integration

Hello,

I've created a HipChat notification integration, I send notification with the API as explained here.

Because the integration name is too long, it doesn't fit in the HipChat room dialog.

Is it possible to rename it  ? How ?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

Christophe,

Thanks for that context, it makes the problem clearer.

We are about to roll out some changes in this area, which would make it straight forward to edit the BYO integration details, including its name. Today, however, there is no direct link back to the BYO integration details page. The workaround for now is to recreate the BYO integration, which is a little cumbersome, as you noted.

1 vote

Christophe,

The name shown in the notification comes from the name field in integration's capability descriptor. You can change this value, then remove & re-add your integration to HipChat whereupon the new name will be used.

Thanks Conor, But I don't have a capability descriptor file. I've created the integration from my room settings page in mycompany.hipchat.com, I used the "Build your own!" widget The integration is listed in the "Manage" tab of my room's integrations, I can display its details in a dialog, but they are read only. The only way I see is to create a new integration and delete the old one but I find it cumbersome.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

506 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you