Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refrence app configuration in Hipchat

Martin Kubrak May 12, 2018

Hi,

We were moved to Stride from Hipchat and all of our integrations stopped working. Looking at this FAQ I can see that it's possible to get messages 'forwarded' to Stride. Am I reading it correctly? Any advice on how to do this?

Thanks,

Martin

1 answer

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2018

Hi, Martin.

A couple of questions that I have:

When you upgrade to Stride, we will bring all of your users, rooms and messages from Hipchat over to Stride for you.

I look forward to hear from you.

Martin Kubrak May 14, 2018

Hi Ahmad,

• We use integrations with Jira, Jenkins, Gitlab just to name few.
  • Chat history has been migrated fine. My problem is with integrations. I had a look here where is says 'After upgrading, Hipchat Cloud will remain in 'read-only' mode so that you can reference your API configuration in Hipchat Cloud and receive integration notifications for those that are not yet in Stride.'. That would be very useful but I can't work out how to do this. Is there a link with some clues you could share with me?
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2018

Hi, Martin.

Thanks for the confirmation. What the statement means is that we are still working on having all the existing integrations that were previously available on HipChat Cloud to be ready for Stride. Since you will only be able to use a handful of integration (we call it apps on Stride now) as mentioned int the What apps will be accessible in Stride?, you can still log in to your HipChat Cloud and recieve notifications from those integrations as per normal.

This will be the available workaround for now (to have Stride and HipChat running, one for communication and one for integration for those which are unavailable). We currently have 25 apps available in the Atlassian Marketplace, so you can check the list fits the apps that you currently have on your end.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events