Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private room disappeared for admin

Ryan Kim May 11, 2016

I created a private room and started chatting in it with others who were invited.  I closed the HipChat client and logged back in sometime later and the private room no longer shows up in my list of rooms.  Others have confirmed that I still show up as the admin for the room.  This is in the MAC client.  How do I get back into the private room that I created and am the admin of?

3 answers

0 votes
Matthew D Wood September 2, 2016

We're seeing this too at HPE.  There's several of us that get kicked out on the Mac OS X client.  The mobile and browser clients still show us in the room.

EDIT:  We also have someone using the windows client that is experiencing the same thing.

The /join command suggested above does not work.  'Room "Web Apps Team (private)" not found'  It should be noted that this is a private server that our company runs.  I'm not sure if the parenthesis in the room name has anything to do with it.

The admin of the room is unable to re-invite us without first kicking us out.  For us, the problem started just a few weeks ago.  Was there a new client version around that time?  I'm running HipChat 4.26.1 and one of our folks has tried upgrading to the 4.27 client.  It hasn't helped.

Perhaps we should try an older version of the client?

Are there any logs (server side or client side) that we should be looking at to try and diagnose this?  Or is there anything else that we may need to look at?

It should be noted that I'm not sure what server version we're running, but the problem only started a week or so ago.  Perhaps we did an upgrade and I'm not aware of it.  (I'm not on the server side team; but I can contact them.)

Eric Blow September 2, 2016

Same here. I'm running Version 4.26.1.698

0 votes
Eric Blow September 2, 2016

I am having a similar issue. I am the admin and creator of a room and it is disappearing on my list of rooms. Has anyone found a solution to this?

By the way, if you load it in the webapp the rooms shows up fine. It's only in the client app on Mac OS that we see the issue.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2016

Hey Ryan!

Try the /join command.  For example, /join Best Room Evar.

And just for your information, here's a handy list of all the other slash commands in HipChat.

Good luck!

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2016

it's funny because we're seeing this bug now too

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events