Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please support multiple accounts in windows (the largest selling OS in the world)...

Ronn Brashear December 4, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Connect multiple accounts

Given the prevalence of MS Windows, it would be very helpful to have a client that supported multiple accounts. Works in other chat apps which we won't name here smile

5 answers

1 vote
lizwinks December 15, 2015

Hi there, 

Thanks for your feedback. We are currently working on making multiple accounts possible in our Windows client, you will see this soon! 

Cheers, 
Liz 

Russell Tammany March 11, 2016

Great, looking forward to it!

Tom Smith February 20, 2017

Is there any update on this? It's been over two years.

0 votes
Dave Gorman August 26, 2016

+1 for Linux and Windows multiple account support. Thanks!

0 votes
Leader Hafheim April 8, 2016

+1 for Windows and Android support!

Loving this App by the way.

0 votes
Ronn Brashear December 4, 2015

Good point! Though Linux/Unix is rarely sold. Even Android is free... Like IRC! 

Looking forward to the actual solution.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2015

Well, um, Windows really isn't the largest selling OS in the world.  There's a technical argument to be had about Unix, Android and whether you count just clients or clients and servers, but Windows simply can't be described as the largest selling. 

But, barring that correction, I want the same thing.  HipChat on my Mac is great - I've got four accounts, it's easy to click between them, and the only change I'd like to make is to lose that distinction completely.  Instead of having account 1 with 4 chats, account 2 with 2 chats, account 3 with one chat and account 4 with 27 chats, I'd like to have 34 chats and a small flag to show me which chat belongs to which account.

But it's crummy on Linux (the largest selling OS in the world wink ), Android (a sub-set of Linux) and Windows, and I'd like to see the Mac multi-account functionality on other OS's too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events