Package hipchat4 can not be found

After reading on the blog about the new update, I followed the instructions on the download page to install the new HipChat client.
So I removed the old client, removed the repository from sources.list.d and then added the new repository following the instructions on the download page.
Doing sudo apt-get update at first threw an error because apt-https-transport plugin was missing. So after installing that the update executed smoothly. Then a sudo apt-get install hipchat4 threw the error: E: Package hipchat4 can not be found (roughly translated since I am using a non-english translation). sudo apt-cache search hipchat also returns nothing. I checked the corresponding file in /var/lib/apt/lists but it appears to be empty

I am using Debian Jessie, fully updated.
For confirmation my /etc/apt/sources.list.d/atlassian-hipchat4.list reads:

deb https://atlassian.artifactoryonline.com/atlassian/hipchat-apt-client jessie main

Any ideas? Any help is appreciated

Cheers, beejay

1 answer

So, after poking through the deb Repository on Atlassian servers I stumbled over the Packages file for i386 architecture and it is completely empty. No keys, no link, nothing in there. Compared with the amd64 Packages which is as supposed to be filled with links, keys and dependencies.
No mention on the homepage, that hipchat4 is only supported on 64-bit machines.. Will there be support for 32-bit architecture?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Hipchat

Moving from Hipchat to Stride? Here’s what you’ll love

Heya, Hipchat friends! We’re so happy you’re checking out   Stride. Whether you know it or not, you have been instrumental in making Stride come to life. Every feature, design, and functionality...

123 views 3 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you