Option to sort open chats by alphabet or status.

Kyle Gascho July 5, 2016

This is a basic function of any chat program. Why can we not sort the open chats in the left column by alphabet - or by status (away, idle, etc) or by most recent chats? The left window gets so convoluted and hard to manage when the list grows to more than a handful of open chats...

3 answers

0 votes
Kyle Gascho October 7, 2016

We have HipChat+ and this is not a feature. Not to ruin the entry in to your weekend, but I've been with HipChat since v1 and as crazy as this will seem, back then there was a setting to at least sort alphabetically - and then, ready? - they took it out around v2 or v3!

Over the years with HipChat I've learned one thing with their new releases; their R&D does not seem to take any consideration or thought into keeping features that an end-user would actually find useful. Chat organization has gotten worse with each major release. Notifications and chat status between devices are about as consistent and reliable as a California weatherman.

0 votes
David Moreira October 7, 2016

I have wanted this for so long... I really don't understand why other features like Dark Theme take precedence on basic stuff like being able to find the "open" chats you have (sort).  Perhaps this is offered in the HipChat+ and simply not there in the free tier?

0 votes
Richard Tasker September 22, 2016

+1

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events