Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of Jira User is not able to reset password or log in

Kabir Ahmed July 4, 2017

Hello ,

I have added a new user to our Jira, The user did not get email confirming that he is added - When we try to reset his password he is not getting any email.

I have checked the email added is correct. User is not able to get email from Hipchat either when added - Wondering any clues why would that happen ?

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2017

Hi Kabir,

I'm no email expert, but here's what I'd check:

- Are similar emails from JIRA being received by other users?  (ie:  Is outgoing JIRA email setup correctly?)

- Are there any helpful hints in the outgoing JIRA email log?  For JIRA Server users, this file is located at: /var/www/jira/data/log/atlassian-jira-incoming-mail.log

- Does the user receive other notifications from JIRA?  Ex: Issue create notifications.

- Can the user receive email from non-Atlassian products?

- Does the user have rules that could be filtering the Atlassian product messages?  Are the messages in their trash or spam folder?

Finally, can you work with your email team to see if the message was intercepted/received/blocked by the mail server?  

Hope something in here helps,

Rachel Wright

Kabir Ahmed July 6, 2017

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for giving me pointer , I can narrow down by eliminating some of them

Are similar emails from JIRA being received by other users?  (ie:  Is outgoing JIRA email setup correctly?) -

[KA] : Yes

Are there any helpful hints in the outgoing JIRA email log?  For JIRA Server users, this file is located at: /var/www/jira/data/log/atlassian-jira-incoming-mail.log --

[KA] : We are using Jira's Cloud service not sure if / how I can get access to the log file ?

Does the user receive other notifications from JIRA?  Ex: Issue create notifications.

[KA] : This is the new user we are trying to add to our team , He has not recive the first email yet . However from manage user section I can impersonate him . Which mean account is created  alright but some how mail is not able to deliver to him. Every one else in the team is able to get the emails

- Can the user receive email from non-Atlassian products?

[KA] : Yes

- Finally, can you work with your email team to see if the message was intercepted/received/blocked by the mail server?  

[KA] : if every one else is getting the email from jira so we can eliminate that too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events