Notifying everyone in a room

I am trying to use the sms feature whereby all users in my room will be notified via an sms whenever I send a message intended for all users of the room, whether active or inactive.

To do this, I enabled the sms notification in my profile but when I send a message to myself, using either @all  or my own id, i.e. @Jacs6401, I am not getting any SMS on my cell phone in either case.

What am I doing wrong??

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hey, there!

Can you make a quick test asking a colleague to @mention you in a room and let me know if you receive the SMS notification? 

Also note to mark the check box under hipchat.com/account > Notifications for "SMS" column. 

Kind regards,

Nágila Marques

HipChat Support

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Friday in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

203 views 1 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you