It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Notification pop-up in taskbar

How can I get a pop-up notification in my taskbar when I have the HipChat window minimized and I receive a message?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial Atlassian Team Apr 24, 2018

Hi, Kristen.

The notification settings are configurable within the client as per the following screen shot:

windows_notification.PNG

which includes the:

• Blinking the taskbar
  • Show a popup

You can further configure it under the Rooms section if you want to be notified for every message that comes through or specific @mentions only. 

Can you try it out and let me know how it goes on your end?

Yes, that seems to be working. 

Thank you.

AhmadDanial Atlassian Team Apr 26, 2018

Hi, Kristen.

You are most welcome. Any time. 

How can I get the pop-up message notification to stay visible until I decide to close it or reply? Currently it only stays up about 4 seconds.

This feature was available in HipChat...

0 votes
AhmadDanial Atlassian Team May 24, 2018

Hi, Rick.

Can I please check if you were referring to Stride or HipChat specifically? If you are referring to HipChat, please ensure that you have the following checkbox marked under the Notifications tab:

• Mac: Bounce the dock icon (until I look)
  • Windows & Linux: Keeping popups visible until HipChat is focused

If you are referring to Stride instead, please refer to the Notifications >> Desktop Notifications and ensure the following checkbox is marked:

• Mac: Bounce the dock icon (until I look)
  • Windows & Linux: There is no option available to keep the popups visible until Stride is in focus

If you are on Windows Stride, please take note of the following Suggestion that was created to keep track of this request:

We encourage you to visit the suggestion page linked above and click the Vote and Watch links near the top right to show support for the feature. By doing this, it will ensure you are proactively informed of progress and updates going forward. Feel free to drop by a  comment or two to share your thoughts on this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Hipchat

Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

35,200 views 9 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you