Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No video chat possible for Mac

Julia Zastrow December 7, 2016

According to the HipChat documentation the video chat shall be also available for Mac-users since version 4.26. But in our company no Mac-users sees that symbol in their desktop app. We have HipChat-Plus in the Cloud and version 4.29.

If they use the browser they are able to use the video call and also all of our Windows- and Linux-users can use it in their desktop app.

What could be the reason for that?

4 answers

1 vote
analerma January 5, 2017

Logging out and logging back in did the trick for me. Not even reinstalling and restarting worked! Funny.

1 vote
M.Rey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2016

Hi Julia,

I've mocked up below where you should see the video button, it should be available in rooms and 1-1 messages. If you can provide a screenshot of what you're looking at it may help us understand what you're seeing. 

image2016-12-8 8:25:5.png

0 votes
evanmichner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2016

Hi Julia – If you haven't created a support ticket for this yet, we should probably do that just so we can make sure to dive in with your team.

Very odd that your Mac users would be on 4.29, see the video button in the web app, but not the Mac app. Let's see if we can sort this one out for you!

Julia Zastrow December 19, 2016

Hi Evan. I already did so and the solution was just a complete restart of all Mac clients. That did it. The Mac clients did not get the change from Basic to Plus as easy as all the other clients. Crazy, but whatever smile

evanmichner
Atlassian Team
December 20, 2016

Ah, great. The upgrade issue is something we have heard of, so thanks for mentioning that. Will be sure to bring that up with the team here.

0 votes
Julia Zastrow December 8, 2016

Hi Michael, I know where the icon has to be, because me (using Windows-client) and other colleagues (using Linux) see it. But our colleagues using the Mac-client just do not see the icon. It is just not there. As if they were still using the basic version. But this is not the case because our whole group is using the Plus-version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events