We are seeing a strange behavior of HipChat server, We have a test server and also a live server, LIVE server is licensed and test server is running with trial license.
We have a plugin which is integrated to test server and LIVE server, on LIVE server Plugin is able to get the Message card metadata as a part of external page request. While in the test server metadata is not replaced with the string "metadata.config.customvalue" as mentioned here : https://developer.atlassian.com/hipchat/guide/external-page
We have two test servers :
Atlassian HipChat 2.0 build 1.4.3 (2016.07.11.082020)
Atlassian HipChat 2.0 build 1.4.2 (2016.06.17.011124)
Its the same behavior with both of them. Can you guys please let us know why this happening?
We found something intresting :
Test HipChat server is supporting on Mac client and Windows client. It is not supporting on Mac and windows Web apps.
So, plugin is able to get message card meta data as expected on Mac and Windows client.
While our LIVE HipChat server is supporting all (Mac client, windows client, Mac and windows web apps).
Can you guys explain us what could be the reason for this behaiour.
...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs