Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there currently any way to sign up for HipChat (cloud)?

Bernhard Benjamin Götz September 13, 2017

We started to try HipChat last week and half of our team signed up for it. Some were on vacation and when they came back this week and tried to sign up for HipChat we found that you cannot access the sign up page anymore. You will always be redirected to the Stride EarlyAccess launch site. Until stride is available: Is there any other way to sign up for HipChat?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Blair at Atlassian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2017

For existing HipChat Cloud Admin, you've got a few options:

• Log in to HipChat.com/sign_in in your browser then go to Group Admin > Users > Add, enter their details, and select their role.
    (Click users' names to edit their details. You can add or remove them as admins here.)
  • Send an invite URL so people can sign themselves up. Log in to HipChat in your browser then go to Group Admin > Info > Invite URL to grab the URL. 

During this time as we upgrade HipChat Cloud groups to Stride, new HipChat Cloud groups cannot be established. If you're interesting in trying Stride as your complete communication solution in the Cloud, sign up for our Early Access Program here.

Bernhard Benjamin Götz September 19, 2017

Thanks a lot!

2 votes
Richard Gee November 13, 2017

Atlassian really net to get a grip on their user experience.

Destroying the signup process as part of encouraging people to migrate to a new product is totally counterproductive.

0 votes
Bernhard Benjamin Götz September 18, 2017

Temporary solution for us: Turn on guest access of your rooms and share the link with the non-signed-up users.

0 votes
Kevin McGee
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 18, 2017

I have been trying to sign up and can not find a way to do so either. I keep getting redirected to the new platform Stride.  I did a web search to see if there was any info on how to sign up and found this article

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/04/25/hipchat_users_exposed/

The service was hacked. I suspect the reason we can't sign up has something to do with the hack but it probably is more likely they want new users to sign up for the new service and hope the legacy users move onto it eventually.  There is a download version available but I think that is if you want to run your own server. I do wish they put the reason new users can't sign up in the FAQ or something. Getting redirected every time the HIPChat  url is typed is very frustrating. My group needs a new collab tool and I want to check this one out but can't.

Update: Found this article which supports my last theory

http://www.businessinsider.com/atlassian-launches-hipchat-successor-stride-2017-9

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events