Is there anyway for Jira @mentions from a project to appear in hipchat? Plugin/integration?

As HipChat is aiming to bring all notifications from different sources into one place, it seems crazy that @mentions from a JIRA project can't trigger a room notification.

There must be a way to enable this? Any suggestions? 

2 answers

0 vote

Unfortunately, the JIRA integration only triggers notifications for changes to issues themselves, not specifically for @-mentions within comments or descriptions. Notifying users of JIRA mentions is a great idea though... I'm not sure anyone else has actually suggested that before. I would suggest filing it as a suggestion by going to https://help.hipchat.com and clicking on "Product Feedback" - that way other users can view and vote on it as well.

Thanks for confirming Christopher. I think it's a crazy oversight that this hasn't been included, what with the big push to claim that HipChat can "have all your notifications in one place".
I've created a suggestion here, https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/HCPUB-2550 , for people to vote/comment and track progress on.

Cheers 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Mar 26, 2018 in Hipchat Data Center

Migration of Hipchat server to Data Center - a retrospective

...able to use the clients After a bunch of testing (rooms, memberships, check for private message history, and most importantly - the custom emoticons!) nearly everything was looking as we needed, however...

454 views 2 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you