Is there a word wrap feature for hipchat?

I like my hipchat roughly in the bottom right corner while I work. Other screens butt right up against it. But when someone types something too long, I have to stretch the hipchat window open to read it all. It seems to have a mind of it's own on what goes down to the next line and "word wraps" and what doesn't.

1 answer

0 vote
Edwin Ho Atlassian Team Sep 04, 2017

Hi Charles.

"Word wrap" is available by default in all clients, as there should not be an option for you to scroll conversations horizontally.

As an example, here's how word wrap would look like in a compressed client with sidebars displayed.

Let us know if that's not what you're seeing on your HipChat client. Some screenshots would definitely be useful in telling what you're seeing. 🙂

Thanks for the reply. It turns out. If I have the "hide the sidebar" selected, it doesn't word wrap. But if the sidebar is selected as visible, it does. So I can just resize the window & slide the window far enough off screen so the sidebar doesn't show. Then I do not have to stretch the screen to read the full post, it will wrap like I wanted. Ty for the reply.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Published Oct 07, 2017 in Hipchat

Bringing Structure to your HipChat Instance

...have mention name FirstnameLastname. Fe.: @MaartenCautreels This certainly helps to know who is being mentioned in a conversation. Imagine your colleague sends the following message...

464 views 1 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot