Is there a way to send a personalized message to all first-time users? Edited

Other than using the API, is there a way to send a welcome message to all users? I saw a link or two on some people saying Hipchat sends a welcome message. But it isn't editable as of earlier this year. I haven't seen anything else on the subject.

I'm not looking to use the API either. There should already be a feature for this and I'm surprised it's not editable.

1 answer

Hi Albert,

If you wish to have a feature to edit or add a welcome user to message then I'm afraid it's not possible for HipChat at this moment. The only ways are either by creating an integration that notifies a new user.

Additionally, I've raised a feature request on behalf of you at:

Please Vote and Watch the feature request so that you'll update once we have any news on the feature request.

How would you do it as an integration? My issue with using the API is that there doesn't seem to be a way to know EXACTLY when there is a new user who logs into Hipchat for the first time. There is no webhook for new users, only room-based web hooks. Sure there are ways to send messages to each user but I don't know who the new users are and I need to send them a message as soon as they login for the first time.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Published Oct 07, 2017 in Hipchat

Bringing Structure to your HipChat Instance

...have mention name FirstnameLastname. Fe.: @MaartenCautreels This certainly helps to know who is being mentioned in a conversation. Imagine your colleague sends the following message...

456 views 1 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot