Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to disable certain global emoticons?

Mark Huey February 17, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Fun with emoticons

There are a couple Global Emoticons with potentially offensive language. Specifically one that starts with f. We would rather not have these emoticons available to use, and especially not viewable as an option. All you have to do is type "(f" and it will pop up as an option to choose from. 

It would be helpful if we could either disable certain global emoticons or at least change their names. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2017

Hi Mark,

That's correct.  My apologies, I didn't realise you were on Cloud as you hadn't added that tag. 

There is an existing ticket requesting that this functionality be added to HipChat Cloud: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/HCPUB-443

In the meantime if you talk to Atlassian support they may be able to disable that emoticon (and others if required).

Mark Huey February 20, 2017

Thank you Rob. I will submit a ticket. 

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2017

Hi Mark,

See Atlassian's instructions for just such a request: https://confluence.atlassian.com/hipchatkb/how-to-remove-global-emoticons-in-hipchat-server-815582027.html

It also includes instructions for running the process automatically on every reboot and upgrade so the unwanted emoticons aren't re-added.

Mark Huey February 20, 2017

We use the cloud server. It says it does not apply to that. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events